Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Artist Copy assignment




Above is an assignment that i got in my "Illustration Styles and Concepts" class. Taught by C.F. Payne. We had to choose two artists from a list of classic painters and illustrators and do a copy of a head from one of their pieces. As shown below, i chose head studies by J.C. Lyendecker (top) and Norman Rockwell (bottom). I chose them because they are both pure painters and much of there were has a very illustrative quality. Other artist on the list included Dean Cornwell, John Singer Sargent, Haddon Sunblum and many more.



Here i've got my drawing in and fixed. I'm just getting the value structure figured out with this underpainting, and then doing light washes of color to block in the areas. I always get really excited to paint at this stage. I am working with acrylic.





No comments:

Post a Comment